Interstate Orders

If you have an Intervention Order from another state, it can be registered in the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria. To do this, provide the Registrar at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court with:

  • a certified (stamped) copy of your interstate order;
  • a letter requesting the order be registered in Victoria; and
  • your Victorian address.

Once the Court has processed your request, the Registrar will notify Victoria Police of the registration. The notice will be sent to you and the interstate Court where the original order was made. It is then treated as a Final Order, and can be extended, varied or revoked by any Victorian Magistrates’ Court.


This page was last updated: 
Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:06